Get your naughty or nice aprons out…it’s cookie-bakin’, treat-makin’, face-stuffing season (: COMPASS is here to provide you with some fun, festive treats that are easy-to-make and taste amazing!
Christmas Tree Brownies
- 1 box Brownie Mix - 1 tub white vanilla icing - Green food coloring - Small round sprinkles - Small star sprinkles - Candy canes
1. Line an 8"x8" baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. 2. Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions and bake as directed. 3. Allow brownies to completely cool, approximately 1.5 hours. 4. Remove the brownies from the pan, and cut into triangles. 5. Unwrap the candy canes, and use a sharp knife to gently cut/break the candy canes into 1.5" long pieces. 6. Press the sharper end of the candy cane into the bottom of the brownie triangles. 7. Spoon out approximately ½ of the tub of icing into a bowl. 8. Add green food coloring until you're happy with the color. 9. Spoon the green icing into a zip lock bag. 10. Seal the bag and cut off a small corner of the bag with sharp scissors. 11. Starting at the top of the brownie triangles, gently squeeze out the icing in a curvy zigzag as you go down the tree. 12. Add your favorite sprinkles and a small star sprinkle at the top.
- 10 Cups of Popped Popcorn - Salt - 3 tablespoons Butter (Sweet Cream Salted) - 3 cups Mini Marshmallows - Yellow AND Blue Wilton Color Right Food Coloring - 1/2 Cup Mini Marshmallows - Red M&M's
1. Make popcorn. 2. Salt popcorn and set aside. 3. Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium heat. 4. Add mini marshmallows to pan and stir until melted. 5. Turn off heat. 6. Add yellow food coloring to the marshmallow mixture.. 7. Add a small amount of blue food coloring to the marshmallow mixture to get the perfect shade of Grinch Green. 8. Coat popcorn with marshmallow mixture to taste. 9. Pour coated popcorn into a prepared cookie sheet. 10. Drizzle remaining marshmallow mixture over popcorn. 11. Add mini marshmallows and Red M&M’s while popcorn still warm. 12. Allow to cool and serve.
Santa Hat Cupcakes
- 12 cupcakes any flavor but I think white or chocolate look the best
- Red frosting - Mini marshmallows cut in half - Frosting bag
1. Bake cupcakes following box instructions
2. Cut your mini marshmallows in half 3. Attach your tip and fill your decorating bag with red frosting. 4. Make a circle base of frosting on your cupcake.
5. Add the mini halved marshmallows around the ring. 6. Fill in the circle with frosting and go a round and a round making the Santa hat.
7. Top with a mini halved marshmallow as the ball on top of the hat. 8. Set the cupcakes in the fridge to set up a few minutes before serving.
- 14 Cups Chex cereal - 18 oz holiday m&ms - 12 oz semi sweet chocolate bar or chips - 1/2 Cup unsalted butter - 1 Cup peanut butter - 1 tsp vanilla extract - 4-5 Cups powdered sugar
1. Melt the peanut butter and butter in a microwave safe dish.
2. Microwave in 30 second intervals until butter is melted.
3. Add the chocolate a little at a time until all is melted into the mix.
4. Stir together. 5. In a large bowl add half of the cereal.
6. Drizzle half of the chocolate peanut butter mixture into the cereal in the bowl.
7. Mix with a spoon. 8. Place one large paper bag into another one. Add 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar and half of the mixed cereal into the bag.
9. Close this tightly and shake vigorously. Add more powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time if needed until all the cereal is coated.
10. Add 1/4 of the m&ms into the bag and toss.
11. Place in an air tight container. 12. Continue these step with the remaining ingredients. Keep stored in an airtight container.
Reindeer Rice Krispies
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal - (1) 10 oz bag mini marshmallows - 6 tablespoons of butter - Premade Rice Krispies Treats - Candy Eyeballs - Red M&M’s or other red candy - Dark Cocoa Candy Melts - Craft Spoons – or just regular popsicle sticks
1. Melt butter in a large pot and add marshmallows.
2. Stir until marshmallows are completely melted.
3. Take off of heat and add Rice Krispies cereal.
4. Spoon into buttered 9x13 pan.
5. Let harden and cut into rectangles for reindeer.
6. Carefully push your craft spoons into the treats.
7. Melt chocolate following the instructions on the package and then spoon into a plastic baggie.
8. Cut a small hole in the corner of bag and to make antlers.
9. Use a small dot of chocolate under the candy eyes and m&m nose to attach them to the Rice Krispies Treat.